Gym Equipment Reviews
The 10 Best Sissy Squat Machines
What are the best sissy squat machines?
Contrary to its name, the sissy squat machine is notorious for building massive legs and glutes that will turn heads anywhere you go.
If you’re thinking about investing in this piece of equipment for your home gym, just know that leg day will never be the same again.
From adding width and muscle mass to the quads and promoting lower body balance and flexibility, athletes of all calibers rely on split squats for their essential benefits.
As you consider adding new equipment to help you achieve your fitness goals, we highly recommend a sissy squat machine to support your leg growth. But don’t take our word for it!
The 10 Best Sissy Squat Machines
Your search for the best sissy squat machine is over! We’re breaking down the best of the best in this article.
Our fitness equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Your leg day workout routine will greatly benefit from the addition of a sissy squat machine.
Here’s our list of the 10 best sissy squat machines.
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Body-Solid Sissy Squat Machine
Elevate your lower body training regime with Body-Solid’s sissy squat machine.
With a commercial-grade, heavy-gauge, sturdy steel frame and a non-slip foot plate, users love this machine for its durability and functionality.
This versatile sissy squat machine is ideal for isolation exercises, including dead lifts, Russian twists, situps, and more.
You’ll find comfort in the high-quality padding on this machine, so you can complete a set without needing to readjust your body.
The Body-Solid option is a great choice for your home gym, with a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Carve abs and sculpt your legs with ease using the Body-Solid sissy squat machine.
- Comfortable padding on the leg, foot pads, and behind-the-knee support.
- Durable, with powder-coated, heavy-gauge steel frame.
- Resistance band attachment points for additional exercises.
- Thoughtful design with easy-transport wheels and handles.
- Well-made and easy to assemble and start using.
- Not ideal for heavy lifters who want to add weights.
- Slightly more wobbly than other options on this list.
9. Soozier Sissy Squat Machine
For a lightweight sissy squat machine in your home, Soozier has a great product that weighs just 30 pounds.
Perform a whole-body workout with ab crunches, pushups, squats, and more to build the body you want in your home gym.
Work the quads, glutes, and hamstrings with a durable squat bar and padded calf support bar for deep sissy squats.
Made from thick foam and high-quality steel tubing, Soozier gym equipment helps athletes achieve their fitness goals while keeping muscle groups safe and preventing injury.
- Seven adjustment points for various heights and sizes.
- Four adjustment levels for protecting ankle joints.
- Fully adjustable calf pads and foot pads protect knee joints in the standing position.
- Multiuse pushup handles for additional exercises.
- Lightweight and easy to store away after use.
- A maximum weight capacity of 265 pounds may not accommodate heavier users.
- Not as durable as other options.
8. X-Factor Sissy Squat Machine
Utilize the X-Factor sissy squat machine for all your quad-burning exercises, including squats, leg curls, leg extensions, and many more.
At just 28 pounds, this sissy squat machine is a great compact option that can be used and then stored away.
Use in a home gym, garage, bedroom, or any designated workout space. With this machine, anything goes!
Adding a portable sissy squat machine to your home gym is a valuable investment as you sculpt a powerful, toned lower body.
- Adjustable height and foot pads for a tailored fit.
- Foam rollers protect the calves during use.
- Compact and easy to store away when you are done using it.
- Rubber pads offer additional durability and protect the flooring.
- Includes pushup handles.
- The foot holder keeps you feeling secure and confident while exercising.
- Not the best option for heavier users (280-pound maximum).
- Some reviewers claim they experienced wobbles while using this equipment.
7. Gymax Sissy Squat Machine
The Gymax sissy squat machine features eight different exercise modes, including squats, twists, situps, pushups, and supine leg lifts.
It’s a durable, heavy-duty deluxe machine with a long-lasting gray powder coat exterior that supports deep sissy squats.
This machine features anti-skid foot pads, a durable iron frame, and a wide cushion for all body types.
Focus on advancing your training with a thoughtful design and easy-to-use features while performing sissy squats and other movements.
You’ll find that you may enjoy using workout equipment more at home than at the gym with Gymax; it’s durable and easy to use, and you never have to wait around.
- A great affordable option for a home gym.
- Maximum weight capacity of 285 pounds.
- Prevents sliding while gripping the floor.
- Both the cylinders and mat are adjustable for height.
- Foam roller pads offer comfort and support during exercises.
- Not ideal for taller users.
- Some reviewers say assembly is difficult.
6. Goplus Sissy Squat Machine
Train your leg muscles and abdomen in the correct form using the Goplus 8-in-1 multifunctional sissy squat machine.
From squats to pushups and situps, Goplus offers a multifunctional trainer to build power in your hips, glutes, and legs.
Made from thickened iron pipes and durable PVC, this sissy squat machine features a maximum weight capacity of 265 pounds.
Perform exercises including a deep sissy squat, full squat, situp, and pushup with this heavy-duty machine from Goplus.
- Three adjustable levels and an 11-gear height adjuster.
- Elastic band lock for additional exercises.
- Wheeled design for easy storage.
- Four anti-skid enlarged foot holders for secure use.
- A lightweight machine weighing under 30 pounds.
- Deep sissy squats may not be possible for taller users.
- Some users claim it has wobbly construction.
5. Innolife Sissy Squat Machine
Innolife supports any leg day by offering a simple, uncomplicated machine to perform deep sissy squats at home.
On your fitness journey, you deserve a tool that can train all the major muscle groups in your lower body through multiple exercises.
Individuals who use this sissy squat machine will also create full-body balance and promote core strength.
Most sissy squat machines can be difficult to move from a fixed position.
Fortunately, Innolife’s equipment is fairly lightweight and will work perfectly in your home gym, no matter where you put it.
Share it with your roommates and family members; everyone can find a use for it on their fitness journey.
- Helps to avoid knee injuries from improper form.
- Lightweight at just 14 pounds and easy to store away.
- Work your core, legs, and glutes simultaneously.
- Ergonomic design and sturdy construction will last for years.
- Adjustable height and made with a solid metal frame.
- The nonslip foot holder is designed for stability.
- The maximum weight capacity is just 200 pounds.
- Not the best construction, according to some users.
4. Seanleecore Sissy Squat Machine
Seanleecore offers a versatile exercise machine made from thick foam and steel tubing for a secure, comfortable workout.
Perform movements including the hip thrust, sissy squat, forward lunge, deep squat, and more to improve lower body strength.
Work your hip flexors, legs, and core with multifunctional fitness equipment such as the sissy squat machine.
The top sissy squat machines help athletes of all sizes achieve a strong lower body, and this machine is no exception.
Seanleecore equipment is affordable and will last for years, even with regular use.
- Made from soft, high-density polyurethane foam and heavy-duty steel.
- Ergonomic design with a 45-degree angle for comfort.
- Five-point height adjustment for all body types.
- Large steel anti-slip foot holder for secure use.
- It includes resistance bands for isolated exercises, such as band squats.
- Some reviewers claim the resistance bands are of low quality.
- Poor assembly instructions and customer service.
3. Element Fitness Sissy Squat Machine
Target all four heads of the quadriceps and glutes with the Element Fitness sissy squat machine!
As one of the best sissy squat machines listed, Element Fitness has really taken its fitness equipment up several notches to offer high-quality machinery.
Not only can users perform sissy squats, but they can also strengthen their knee and hip joints along the way.
Sissy squats also help to develop core balance and stabilization to build a stronger body.
Perform situps, pushups, and other core training functions for a full-body workout. Burn out every major muscle group in the comfort of your own home.
- Adjustable foam rollers keep the calf muscles comfortable during use.
- A heavy-duty design made with 11-gauge stainless steel and a gray powder-coated finish.
- Large, non-skid foot plate keeps feet locked and safe.
- Rubber foot padding protects the floor and prevents skidding or moving during use.
- Designed for commercial use and regular use.
- Higher price point than competitors.
- Not an ideal design for shorter users.
- Difficult assembly and instructions.
2. Altas Strength Sissy Squat Machine
The sissy squat is undoubtedly the best bodyweight exercise to train the abs, glutes, and legs all at the same time.
With the Altas Strength sissy squat machine in your home gym, you’ll learn to use the correct form every time and watch your body change before your eyes.
Not only do sissy squats build mass in the legs, but they can promote balance and flexibility for the entire lower body.
With one of the best sissy squat machines on this list, Altas Strength is doing something right.
It’s no wonder this sissy squat machine has so many incredible reviews!
Customers are thrilled with this machine’s quality and durability, as well as improvements in their strength and stamina while weightlifting.
- Maximum weight capacity of 265 pounds.
- Made from thickened iron pipes and durable steel for a high-quality machine.
- Adjustable foot holder, rear cushion height, and rear cushion angle.
- The non-slip foot plate ensures stability and safety during use.
- Adjustable to create a sissy squat bench for situps and back training.
- Soft foam rollers protect calves during use.
- It may not be the best option for taller individuals.
- More expensive than other options on this list.
1. Leikefitness Deluxe Sissy Squat Machine
For the best sissy squat machine in the game, look no further than Leikefitness!
The Leikefitness Deluxe sissy squat machine features a durable frame made from heavy-duty steel and just screams five-star quality.
With tons of adjustments for size, including rear cushion angle and rear cushion options for size and comfort, any body size can use this machine comfortably.
Perform deep sissy squats, band squats, extensions, forward lunges, situps, pushups, and more, thanks to this machine’s ergonomic design and thoughtful features.
A sissy squat machine is a fundamental tool in building muscle mass, improving posture and stability, and building full-body strength and flexibility.
If you’re after quality, durability, and convenience at a great price, Leikefitness checks every box.
Athletes all over the globe trust this brand for sissy squats and other gym equipment, and for good reason.
No wonder it’s our No. 1 pick!
- Made from a durable steel frame, polypropylene foam, and polyurethane leather.
- The maximum weight capacity is 330 pounds.
- Foldable, movable, and easy to store away.
- Multiple modes of exercise for a well-rounded workout.
- Perform sissy squats and back extensions with quick adjustments.
- Not the best option for users over 6 feet tall.
- More expensive than other options.
FAQs About Sissy Squat Machines
Before you decide which is the best sissy squat machine for your home gym, make sure you browse this section.
We share the most commonly asked questions about sissy squat machines.
This includes how useful they are as fitness equipment and what you should look for in a quality machine.
Q: Are Sissy Squat Machines Effective?
To perfect your squat form, build muscle mass in the quads, and safely isolate the leg muscles, sissy squats are the ideal exercise.
Many athletes use sissy squat machines instead of barbells or dumbbells to add width to their quads and create the notorious leg day burn.
When used in conjunction with other leg exercises, such as leg extensions, curls, lunges, and many more, sissy squats can sculpt the legs you’ve always wanted to have.
Sculpt all four heads of the quadriceps muscles and pair with other effective strength training workouts to build foundational strength in your lower body.
Q: Why Use A Sissy Squat Machine?
To take your leg day routine to the next level, sissy squat machines do the trick.
Many individuals seek an isolated exercise to train the quads; if this sounds like what you’re after, the sissy squat machine is a solid choice.
Others prefer the sissy squat machine because it’s compact, portable, and easy to store away when not in use.
Just because it’s compact doesn’t mean it lacks durability or stability, though.
Sissy squat machines are often made from stainless steel or iron to create an environment that makes users feel stable and secure.
These machines offer comfortable foam padding to protect the legs and anti-slip footplates, so you can focus on perfecting your form over anything else.
Q: What Exercises Can I Do On A Sissy Squat Machine?
Depending on the sissy squat machine you purchase, you’ll enjoy the ability to perform a wide variety of movements and exercises.
From deep squats, pushups, and situps to band squats, hyperextensions, side extensions, and forward lunges, you can perform effective bodyweight exercises of all kinds.
Many sissy squat machines include pushup handlebars, so you can train your upper body as well.
The functionality of the sissy squat machine makes it a very versatile piece of equipment for any home gym.
Q: Are Sissy Squats Good For The Knees?
Many people invest in a sissy squat machine to protect their knee joints, improve hip mobility and core strength, and even relieve back pain.
When done properly, sissy squats are great for knee mobility and overall knee health.
Because the movement requires an extra range of motion, it promotes knee flexion and extension in a safe, controlled environment.
Q: What Muscles Does The Sissy Squat Work?
The primary function of the sissy squat is to target and sculpt the quadriceps, one of the largest and strongest muscles in the human body.
Because of its compound nature, the sissy squat also targets the posterior chain muscles. It can help build powerful glutes, hamstrings, and calf muscles.
As you perform a sissy squat, the rest of your body stays in a straight line, developing your balance and stability as you target and isolate the quad muscles.
For a multifunctional piece of fitness equipment, the sissy squat machine is a fantastic addition to any home gym.
If you want to invest in machinery that can train various muscle groups in the lower body, add this one to your list.
You’ll be amazed at the results and understand why athletes of all calibers use the sissy squat machine in the gym and at home.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best sissy squat machines:
- Leikefitness Deluxe Sissy Squat Machine
- Altas Strength Sissy Squat Machine
- Element Fitness Sissy Squat Machine
- Seanleecore Sissy Squat Machine
- Innolife Sissy Squat Machine
- Goplus Sissy Squat Machine
- Gymax Sissy Squat Machine
- X-Factor Sissy Squat Machine
- Soozier Sissy Squat Machine
- Body-Solid Sissy Squat Machine
What’s the best sissy squat machine, in your opinion? Leave a comment below.
SEARCH THE SITE