What are the best EAA supplements?
Finding the best EAA supplement that will fuel and replenish your body is no easy task.
Strict diets often require the restriction of certain foods from our consumption, like red meat.
When eliminating red meat from a meal plan, we simultaneously miss out on the amino acids that the protein brings to the table.
Unfortunately, our bodies need those amino acids to gain muscle and aid in recovery.
So… how can you supplement the benefits of amino acids elsewhere?
This is where supplements come in.
It takes research and trial and error to discover the best EAA supplements for your body, lifestyle, workout schedule, and fitness goals.
Luckily, we’re here to review the best in the business for you. Read on.
The Best EAA Supplements Compared
Our equipment lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best EAA supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. NutraBio – Alpha EAA
Fuel your fitness journey with NutraBio’s Alpha EAA supplement powder.
NutraBio believes that pursuing your health and fitness should not come with filler ingredients, hidden substances, or any nonsense.
Their clean formulas and therapeutic doses guarantee high energy and fast recovery every time you work out.
With an 8.2g blend of EAAs in the Alpha EAA supplement blend, you’ll have a boost of energy all day, during your workout, and in the following days as you recover.
- 8.2g blend of essential amino acids
- 6g of fermented BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) to aid in recovery
- Hydration boost thanks to taurine and coconut water powder for additional electrolytes
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and third-party tested
- Tasty flavors including dragon fruit, cherry limeade, and strawberry lemon
- Only active ingredients and zero fillers
- No proprietary blends
- Some reviewers claim the powder doesn’t fully dissolve in water
9. BulkSupplements – Essential Amino Acids
Looking for essential amino acids in their simplest form? BulkSupplements is your answer!
To improve energy, curb your appetite, increase focus and build lean muscle, essential amino acids are crucial to your daily life.
BulkSupplements offer a no-BS supplement that is a cult favorite, and for good reason.
Amino acids in their purest form, ready to help you take your workouts to the next level. Buckle up!
- 100 servings per container
- Contains all 9 EAAS
- Sugar-free, soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free
- 60 calories per serving
- No added flavors
- Pure amino = zero flavorings. It may taste bitter to some, particularly if you are new to EAAs
8. Nutrex Research – EAA+ Hydration
Count on the top EAAs from Nutrex Research to refuel and repair your tired muscles post-workout while helping to build new muscle tissue along the way.
The best EAA aminos with a boost of hydration means your body will be operating at its max potential to increase your endurance, refuel, and recover faster.
Designed for HIIT workouts like cycling, running, CrossFit, strength training, and more.
- Contains all 9 EAAs
- Contains 8g of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) for superior recovery
- 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs
- 30 servings per container
- Coconut water, electrolytes, and Albion minerals aid in hydration
- Zero calories, sugar, or carbs
- Great price point
- Contains artificial flavors
- Poor taste
7. Optimum Nutrition – Amino Energy
Caffeine lovers, this one’s for you.
If you are seeking a caffeine boost anytime during your day or pre-workout, check out Optimum Nutrition’s Amino Energy EAA supplement.
Green tea extracts supply you with the boost of energy you need to get through the day, power through your workout, and finish strong.
If energy and focus are at the top of your list, this is the supplement for you.
- 65 servings per container
- 15 calories per serving
- Boosts energy in the gym and muscle recovery later
- Sugar-free, low carb count (1g)
- Great variety of flavors
- Can be taken any time of day
- 100mg of caffeine
- Some users claim they experience a temporary energy boost, but it’s not long-lasting.
6. Primeval Labs – EAA Max
If all-day energy production is what you’re lacking from a supplement, Primeval Labs EAA Max is worth a shot.
It’s formulated with isoleucine, which aids in the production of energy during workouts and the rest of the time. It also includes valuable electrolytes which help with hydration and recovery.
Use Primeval Labs on training days for intra-workout fuel and boost and on rest days for a steady supply of EAAs to help your muscles synthesize and recover.
- 5g of 2:1:1 BCAAs
- 30 calories per serving
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Variety of fruity flavors
- 10 calories per serving
- The electrolyte blend helps you stay hydrated all day
- 30 servings per container; competitors offer more for the price
5. Transparent Labs – INTRA
Designed to ignite muscle synthesis, Transparent Labs INTRA EAA supplement is at the top of the game.
With a science-backed formula including all 9 essential amino acids, INTRA will protect your muscles from catabolism, enhance hydration and energy, all while increasing your nitric oxide production so your workouts can be heavy and intense every time.
- Includes all 9 EAAs
- 2:1:1 vegan BCAAs
- 6.7g EEAs
- Supports blood flow and sustains focus
- No artificial sweeteners or coloring
- Gluten-free and non GMO
- Low serving count for the price (30)
4. Kaged Muscle – Amino Synergy
Build more lean muscle with Kaged Muscle’s Amino Synergy EEA supplement.
Designed for athletes on the hunt for top EAA supplements that will promote healthy muscle growth and support protein synthesis.
With a clean formula, no dyes, or artificial flavors, Kaged Muscle is a great contender for athletes who want high-quality ingredients.
- Delivers all 9 EAAs
- Contains fermented, vegan-sourced BCAAs
- 500mg of freeze-dried coconut water per serving
- No dyes or artificial flavors
- 30 calories per serving
- Mixes easily
- Contains organic caffeine
- Flavors aren’t the best
3. Jacked Factory – EAA Surge
Set the stage for muscle growth and recovery with Jacked Factory’s EAA Surge supplement.
Boost your endurance thanks to the Amino9 matrix formula in EAA Surge.
Fermented naturally means they absorb quickly, and you’ll be ready to rock and roll in the gym.
L-Taurine and coconut water blend assist with blood flow, recovery, and muscle gains.
- 6.7g of Amino9, clinically proven ratio of EAAs
- Coconut water blend for hydration
- Easy on the stomach
- Vegan and sugar-free
- No harsh chemicals, dyes, or fillers
- Only 20 servings per container
- Expensive price point
2. VitaMonk – Clean EAAs
Invigorate your body with clean energy via VitaMonk’s Clean EAAs supplement formula.
Pure essential amino acids and no sketchy ingredients, VitaMonk is at the top of its game with this EAA supplement.
A 100% pure formula means you’ll be operating at your best in the gym, lifting heavier weights, completing more reps, and seeing faster results without the uncomfortable side effects that many supplements bring.
- 30 servings per container
- The formula contains purified amino acids
- Contains all 9 EAAs
- Stevia-flavored taste
- Gluten-free, dairy-free
- No artificial preservatives or colors
- No jitters or weight gain like other supplements
- Expensive price point
1. Huge Nutrition – BCAA
Step your game up with the best EAA supplement in the game — Huge Nutrition’s BCAA!
Huge Nutrition’s formula of branched-chain amino acids contains vital nutrients for every athlete.
They improve muscle synthesis, recovery, and growth, making your workouts more effective and results long-lasting.
Take this supplement twice a day for maximum results, or stack it with your pre-workout for the best lift you’ve ever had.
- 1 serving contains 15g of EAAs
- 8000mg of BCAAs
- L-Glutamine and Coconut Water Powder for recovery
- Drink before, during, or after workouts
- Fights muscle fatigue during and after lifts
- Able to stack with pre-workouts for an additional energy boost
- Only 25 servings per container
FAQs About EAA Supplements
To provide you with updated and educational content on all supplements, here are our answers to some frequently asked questions about EAA supplements.
Q: What do EAA supplements do?
Essential amino acids aid in the building of protein in your body, known as protein synthesis.
Think about how you feel after a heavy lift session. Your muscles are sore, your body is tired, you may even feel weak.
Your muscles need to be repaired, and amino acids are essential in the repairing process.
EAA supplements play an integral role in recovery and help you get back to the gym quicker.
Q: What are the benefits of EAA aminos?
The benefits of EAA aminos are impressive for athletes of any skill level.
Essential amino acids can’t be made naturally by our bodies; they must come from food or supplements.
The 9 essential amino acids are histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine.
These essential amino acids combine to form protein in our bodies, which aids in muscle growth and strength.
During workouts, essential amino acids help our bodies build muscles by aiding in protein synthesis.
Post-gym, they play an important role in muscle recovery, helping alleviate soreness and tense muscles after a heavy lift.
They also provide hydration to the muscles, which also helps with recovery.
Q: When should I drink EAAs?
To get a solid workout, it’s best to drink EAAs prior to your workout (usually around 30 minutes) to allow the supplements to absorb into your body.
Some formulas are designed to be consumed at any point during the day, for example, if you need a caffeine boost or want to use them as a meal replacement.
There are some EAA supplements that can be taken during workouts, too. Check out our favorite intra-workout supplements here.
Q: Are EAA supplements effective?
If you are a heavy weight lifter or an athlete looking for supplements to help you recover faster and improve your muscle strength, EAA supplements are a great choice.
Now we know that we need both BCAAs and EAAs to support our muscles with protein synthesis.
BCAAs contain just three (valine, leucine, and isoleucine) of the nine essential amino acids required for optimal protein synthesis.
Our bodies need all nine essential amino acids for proper protein synthesis, so a combination of BCAAs and EAAs is critical. The best EAAs will offer you both.
Q: How To Choose / Which To Choose?
When it comes to the best EAA supplement with clean ingredients and solid servings, we think Huge Nutrition’s BCAA Supplement is the best choice.
Other considerations to make when shopping for a top EAA supplement:
No sugar and no carbs
When you’re focused on weight loss and muscle gain, adding sugar or carbs via supplements is a big no-no. Find a product without sugar and carbs for optimal results.
Clean ingredient list
Avoid products with artificial sweeteners, dyes, and other chemicals. The cleaner the supplement, the better.
Contains all 9 EAAs
Remember — you want a product with BCAAs and EAAs to achieve maximum results in muscle gains and recovery.
In a world where there seems to be a supplement or vitamin for every ailment, it can be tricky to determine which formulas are the best for your body.
EAA supplements can help you build muscles faster, retain strength and hydration, and recover faster.
The best essential amino acid supplement will leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day, whether that includes a workout or not.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best EAA supplements:
- Huge Nutrition – BCAA
- VitaMonk – Clean EAAs
- Jacked Factory – EAA Surge
- Kaged Muscle – Amino Synergy
- Transparent Labs – INTRA
- Primeval Labs – EAA Max
- Optimum Nutrition – Amino Energy
- Nutrex Research – EAA+ Hydration
- BulkSupplements – Essential Amino Acids
- NutraBio – Alpha EAA