What are the best cortisol blockers?
Cortisol blockers are dietary supplements or medications that block stress hormones to ensure healthy cortisol levels and bodily functions.
Cortisol blockers prevent receptor binding and slow down or even stop the production of stress hormones.
Many people use cortisol blockers to treat Cushing syndrome when the body produces too much cortisol.
You can also use cortisol blockers to calm anxiety and increase new muscle tissue.
We’ve done all the research on cortisol blockers for you in this article and put together a list of the best cortisol blockers on the market.
The Best Cortisol Blockers Compared
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best cortisol blockers:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. PEScience – Erase Pro+
PEScience Erase Pro+ cortisol blocking supplements are the best at boosting testosterone.
This natural test booster and anti-estrogen PCT supplement works for a 30-day cycle to help you get lean, dry and defined.
A serving of two capsules gives you 1,000mg of Erase Pro+ proprietary blend with herbal root extracts for an all-in-one hormone modulator.
PEScience says its carefully formulated cortisol blocker offers the best mix of natural ingredients to achieve healthy testosterone, estrogen, and cortisol levels.
There are no fillers or unhealthy ingredients in this label-tested product, made in a GMP facility to ensure safety and potency.
- 1,000mg of Erase Pro+ proprietary blend.
- Herbal root extracts encourage optimal hormone balance.
- Natural testosterone booster and anti-estrogen supplement.
- GMP-certified and lab-tested for safety and purity.
- Lean, hard, and dry physique definition.
- No fillers or ineffective ingredients.
- Needs to be taken in the morning with food.
9. VMI Sports – Arima-XD
VMI Sports Arima-XD is the preferred cortisol blocker for stamina, vitality, and balanced testosterone and estrogen hormone levels.
As an estrogen and aromatase inhibitor, this cortisol blocker works for both men and women, offering an ideal hormonal balance and stress response.
A serving of two capsules gives you 60mg of vitamin E, 56mg of calcium, and 350mg of calcium D-saccharate.
VMI Sports says its formula combines testosterone support, estrogen inhibition, and libido enhancement in one safe supplement.
It blocks aromatization to provide a great hormonal balance to leave you feeling healthier and more energetic throughout the day.
- 350mg of calcium D-saccharate.
- 60mg of vitamin E and 56mg of calcium.
- Supports stamina, vitality, and hormonal balance.
- Estrogen and aromatase inhibitor.
- Improves testosterone levels and libido.
- Complete on/off cycle support.
- Gelatin capsules are not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
8. NOW Foods – Super Cortisol Support
NOW Foods Super Cortisol Support is the best cortisol blocker for nutrition with natural botanicals and herbs.
The brand suggests taking one capsule three times a day, which gives you the greatest and safest adrenal support for adequate stress response.
One capsule has 33mg of vitamin C, 10mg of pantothenic acid, 12mg of calcium, and 8mg of magnesium.
This nutrient-packed supplement has 200mg of Relora made from magnolia bark extract and 90mg of green tea extract.
It’s vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free, and many people use it for appetite management as it not only relieves stress but also promotes healthy eating patterns.
- Nutritious cortisol blocker with 33mg of vitamin C.
- Contains pantothenic acid, calcium, and magnesium.
- Botanical adrenal support and appetite management.
- Relieves stress and encourages healthy eating.
- Kosher, vegan, nut-free, and gluten-free.
- Doesn’t contain dairy or egg.
- Should be taken three times daily for best results.
7. MD. Life – Cortisol Hormone Balancer
MD. Life Cortisol Hormone Balancer is the best vegan cortisol blocker with 90 capsules per container.
This stress, sleep, and cortisol support supplement helps with adrenal health and balanced stress response thanks to ashwagandha powder.
One capsule has 250mg of a stress-reducing proprietary blend made of ashwagandha powder and L-theanine.
There’s also 225mg of a cortisol-reducing proprietary blend and 50mg of phosphatidylserine that helps with cell cycle signaling.
The only other ingredients for these vegetable capsules are magnesium stearate and soluble corn fiber, offering a natural sleep aid and stress reliever.
- Vegan cortisol blocker with one capsule serving.
- 250mg of a stress-reducing proprietary blend.
- 225mg of a cortisol-reducing proprietary blend.
- Adrenal and cortisol support supplement.
- Lowers cortisol levels for natural sleep.
- May promote weight loss.
- Not everyone likes prop blends because the dosage breakdown isn’t clear.
6. MPA Supps – Cortisolve
MPA Supps Cortisolve is the best-flavored cortisol blocker with a delicious hot cocoa taste.
One scoop of this cortisol blocker powder has 1,600mg of SerinAid, a 50% soy phospholipid complex. Other ingredients include unsweetened cocoa powder, whole milk powder, and stevia extract.
This clinically-dosed cortisol blocker regulates cortisol levels and brings them into a healthy range for an improved stress response.
The brand highlights some key benefits of regulating cortisol levels, including lower body fat, less anxiety, healthy sleep patterns, and avoiding an overstressed mental state.
While many people use this cortisol blocker to power their gym sessions, adults can safely incorporate it into their everyday lives for sufficient stress control.
- 1,600mg of SerinAid soy phospholipid complex per serving.
- Uses stevia extract and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Regulates cortisol levels and maintains healthy stress levels.
- Helps improve sleep patterns for better rest.
- Hot cocoa flavor.
- 28 servings per container.
- Must be mixed in with a drink.
5. Integrative Therapeutics – Cortisol Manager
Integrative Therapeutics Cortisol Manager is a stress hormone stabilizer that reduces stress to support a healthy night’s sleep.
These dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan cortisol blockers are good for adrenal support with 500mg of a stress-reducing proprietary blend.
This includes ashwagandha root extract and L-theanine, while 450mg of a cortisol-reducing proprietary blend has magnolia bark extract.
The brand says its melatonin-free supplement relaxes and calms the mind and body before bed.
It uses clinically studied ingredients for strong stress relief and adrenal health, and two tablets a day make a big difference to how your body functions under stress.
- 500mg of a stress-reducing proprietary blend.
- 450mg of a cortisol-reducing proprietary blend.
- Contains ashwagandha root extract and L-theanine.
- Hormone stabilizer and adrenal support.
- Helps control stress levels for better sleep.
- Gluten-free and vegan tablets.
- Only 15 servings per container.
- Contains soy.
4. LES Labs – Cortisol Health
LES Labs Cortisol Health offers a balanced cortisol response with adrenal support and stress relief.
The key ingredients in this adrenal fatigue supplement are 50mg of phosphatidylserine and 125mg of ashwagandha root extract.
There’s also 100mg of magnesium, 50mg of magnolia bark extract, and 25mg of rhodiola root extract to support healthy adrenal function.
It’s a drug-free natural formula ideal for controlling cortisol levels and promoting a balanced response during stressful situations.
The brand says its cortisol blocker promotes relaxation and helps reduce stress, with magnesium adding a soothing calming effect.
- 125mg of ashwagandha root extract balances cortisol.
- 50mg of phosphatidylserine helps with stress response.
- 100mg of magnesium and 50mg of magnolia bark extract.
- Gluten and dairy-free capsules.
- 60 servings per container.
- All-natural formula.
- May not be suitable for those undergoing medical treatment.
3. Dr.Maxwell – Ashwagandha
Dr.Maxwell combines ashwagandha, rhodiola, and L-theanine for the best ultra-strength cortisol blocker.
This is a good bulk buy with 120 capsules per bottle, offering ample energy and focus with calming adrenal and cortisol stress support.
Each capsule has 300mg of ashwagandha root extract, 200mg of rhodiola rosea root extract, and 100mg of L-theanine.
These ingredients are effective in supporting the body’s stress response, and it works as an overall wellness supplement with cognitive, cardiovascular, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
For the best results, you should take two capsules a day, with the first 20 minutes before a morning meal and the second 20 minutes before dinner.
- 3-in-1 ultra-strength cortisol blocker.
- 300mg of ashwagandha root extract.
- 200mg of rhodiola rosea root extract.
- Offers immune and joint support.
- Anti-inflammatory wellness supplement.
- Non-GMO and vegan.
- Shouldn’t be taken with antidepressants or blood thinners.
- Needs to be taken 20 minutes before a meal.
2. VH Nutrition – Cortibol
VH Nutrition Cortibol is the best cortisol manager and blocker for adrenal fatigue support.
This supplement is suitable for men and women with a careful formula of cordyceps, Rhodiola Rosea, eleuthero senticoccus, ashwagandha, Panax ginseng, and Eurycoma longifolia.
Taking two capsules per serving gives you 1,500mg of cortisol proprietary blend, which should be taken with 12 oz. of water in the morning and early afternoon.
This cortisol blocker works as a fat burner and metabolism booster, blocking cortisol build-up that causes stress and fat retention.
VH Nutrition says its adrenal support supplement minimizes stress and prevents symptoms like fatigue, stress, exhaustion, and rapid weight gain.
- Adrenal support supplement reduces fatigue and weight gain.
- 1,500mg of cortisol proprietary blend with natural herbs.
- Decreases cortisol and increases stamina.
- Improves fat metabolism.
- Promotes hormone balance.
- 100% natural and made in the U.S.
- Bovine capsules are not suitable for vegetarians.
- Not everyone likes prop blends.
1. Vitamonk – CortiTrax
Vitamonk CortiTrax is the best cortisol blocker overall as a doctor-formulated supplement for reducing cortisol and boosting energy.
This bio-enhanced natural cortisol blocker lowers overactive stress hormones and helps you feel more energized and sleep better at nighttime.
A serving of two veggie capsules has 200mg of ashwagandha powder and 150mg of basil extract.
Sunflower oil and magnolia bark extract also work to help the body stay balanced with proper cortisol control, and there are no major allergens or artificial colors.
Vitamonk says its cortisol blocker plays a big role in fat loss and muscle growth, as it stops cortisol levels from getting too high and preventing the growth of lean muscle mass.
- Vegetarian capsules with bio-enhanced formula.
- 200mg of ashwagandha powder to lower cortisol levels.
- Contains potent herbs like basil extract and sunflower oil.
- Doctor-formulated and made in the U.S.
- Promotes healthy stress response.
- Fast-acting supplement for men and women.
- Only 30 servings per container.
FAQs About Cortisol Blockers
Before buying cortisol blockers, check out our helpful answers to the most frequently asked questions about the best cortisol blocker supplements.
Q: What Does a Cortisol Blocker Do?
A cortisol blocker stops cortisol production or keeps stress hormones from binding to receptors, so there’s no physiological signal or response.
Many people take cortisol blockers to better control cortisol levels and the body’s stress response. If you have trouble calming down or falling asleep, a cortisol blocker may help.
Q: What Is a Natural Cortisol Blocker?
A natural cortisol blocker is a herbal blend that lowers cortisol levels to improve the body’s stress response.
Ashwagandha powder, basil extract, sunflower oil, and magnolia bark extract are a few key examples of natural cortisol blockers that are incorporated into the best cortisol blocker supplements.
Rhodiola, lemon balm, and chamomile are a few other herbs with natural cortisol blocking properties.
Q: What Are the Benefits of Cortisol Blockers?
For the millions of Americans who experience varying levels of stress, cortisol benefits help them stay calm and live a less stressful life.
8 out of 10 adults are stressed about the future, but the benefits of cortisol blockers have a positive impact, including lower cortisol levels, balanced hormonal production, and anxiety relief.
Cortisol blockers also help you sleep well with a calm, relaxed mind and may help you focus for workouts.
Q: What Are the Side Effects of Cortisol Supplements?
Most cortisol blocking supplements are safe to take with minimal side effects, so long as you follow the correct dosage and directions.
However, one potential side effect is hormonal balance issues, especially if you’re taking a high amount of cortisol blockers or transitioning away from daily supplements.
Q: Do Cortisol Blockers Work for Weight Loss?
Although there is no confirmed medical evidence that cortisol blockers cause weight loss, lower stress levels can help shed extra pounds.
Ongoing stress may lead to fat accumulation and increased appetite, which in turn causes weight gain.
By lowering cortisol levels and cutting out chronic stress, cortisol blockers may help you live a healthier, more active life and indirectly assist with weight loss.
Q: Which Cortisol Blocker to Choose?
Deciding on a cortisol blocker depends on which ingredients and benefits you prefer. Some cortisol blockers are specially designed for sports performance or to aid sleep.
Also, keep in mind there are capsules, tablets, and powders that deliver excellent cortisol control, so you have a wide range of choices from brands specializing in cortisol blocking supplements.
The best cortisol blocker uses natural ingredients to block stress hormones and lower cortisol levels.
Whether you have a medical condition like Cushing syndrome or you just want to feel more calm and relaxed, cortisol blockers may work for you.
Also, some cortisol blockers can help you focus during workouts and build muscle for a well-rounded dietary supplement.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best cortisol blockers:
- Vitamonk – CortiTrax
- VH Nutrition – Cortibol
- Dr.Maxwell – Ashwagandha
- LES Labs – Cortisol Health
- Integrative Therapeutics – Cortisol Manager
- MPA Supps – Cortisolve
- MD. Life – Cortisol Hormone Balancer
- NOW Foods – Super Cortisol Support
- VMI Sports – Arima-XD
- PEScience – Erase Pro+