Tom Cruise is an award-winning American actor and filmmaker best known for movies in the ‘Mission: Impossible’ film series in which he plays secret agent Ethan Hunt. He is considered to be one of the biggest movie stars in the United States and was Hollywood’s highest-paid actor in 2012.
Famous for performing death-defying stunts, Cruise always stays in amazing shape to play his roles in sci-fi thrillers and action movies. To keep himself in great shape, he focuses on weight training, as well as on regular gyming, treadmill running, and fencing.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Tom Cruise’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 170 cm – 5’7″
Weight: 68 kg – 150 lbs
Age: 57 years old
Birthday: 3rd of July, 1962
Accolades: Golden Globes, Winner, 2000
Cruise does a variety of sports and activities, from sea-kayaking to rock-climbing to fencing to sweating it up at the gym, all of which helps keep him looking and moving like a much younger man.
When it comes to diet, Cruise follows a low-calorie diet.
Tom Cruise Workout Routine
Tom Cruise’s workout routine consists of many different exercises. Cruise uses three days of weight training and cardio. It’s his job to get active and utilize other forms of fitness on the other two days.
Here is Tom Cruise’s workout routine:
Monday: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
Within this routine, he hits chest, triceps, and shoulders.
Here’s Tom Cruise’s chest, triceps and shoulders routine:
1. Bench Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Dumbbell Kickbacks (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Dumbbell Shoulder Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Incline Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Front Raise (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Seated Dumbbell Tricep Overhead Extension (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Cable Chest Flys (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesday: Activity Day “Cager”
On Tuesdays, he uses different methods to workout.
Cruise says: “Sea-kayaking, caving… fencing, treadmill, weights… rock-climbing, hiking… I jog… I do so many different activities.”
Wednesday: Back, Biceps and Traps
On Wednesday, Cruise performs a back, bicep, and trap routine focusing on major 7 exercises.
Here’s Tom Cruise’s back, biceps, and traps routine:
1. Deadlift (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Preacher Curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Barbell Shrugs (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curls (3 sets, 10)
5. Lateral Pulldowns (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Cable Rows (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Cable Shrugs (3 sets, 10 reps)
Thursday: Activity Day “Cager”
On Thursday, Cruise hits another activity day.
Friday: Legs and Lower Body
On Friday, he hits a leg and lowers body routine by doing 7 exercises.
Here’s Tom Cruise’s leg and lower body routine:
1. Squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
2. Weighted Lunges (3 sets, 10 reps)
3. Leg Press (3 sets, 10 reps)
4. Cable Pull-throughs (3 sets, 10 reps)
5. Hamstring Curl Machine (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Leg Extension Machine (Quads) (3 sets, 10 reps)
7. Calf Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday & Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Cruise has a rest day.
Tom Cruise’s Diet
Tom Cruise follows a low-calorie diet which he picked up from his pal and pro soccer player David Beckham and consumes no more than 1,200 calories per day.
Very little of it comes from carbs. Instead, he goes for vegetables and lean protein in the form of grilled chicken breast, fish, egg whites and whey protein.
Here is Tom Cruise’s diet:
Eggs, Oatmeal, Vitamins
Chicken, Rice, Vegetables
Salmon, Green Salad
Tom Cruise uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Omega -3S
- Vitamin D
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B12
Tom Cruise is one of the biggest names in Hollywood of all time. Cruise has been in the movie industry since he was a teenager and his body is amazing.