Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most skillful soccer players of the modern era.
Even though his body is leaner than a typical fitness model or bodybuilder, it is still worthy to be amazed at or aspire to. Cristiano focuses on improving his strength, stamina, speed, and functional movements.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Cristiano Ronaldo’s workout routine and diet and so much more.
“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.”
Height: 1.87 cm
Weight: 84 kg
Age: 34 years old
Birthday: 5th of February, 1985
Birthplace: Hospital Dr. Nélio Mendonça, Funchal, Portugal
Accolades: FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
Cristiano Ronaldo usually works out 3-4 hours a day on 5 days of a week. He sleeps for at least 8 hours every night, which gives his body enough rest to recover after a day’s hard work.
Recommended Supplement Stack
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Workout Routine
In order to achieve a fat-free athletic physique, he has worked very hard in both the training grounds and gym. His daily workout schedule is as follows:
- Daily practice for 3-4 hours assuring a low-fat level (less than 10 percent)
- Cardio exercises including several running sessions, each lasting for 25-30 minutes
- Short-period exercises such as high intensity sprinting drills
- Technical drills for improving ball control and skillsTactical exercises to relate or communicate better with the teammates
- Training in the gym for development of specific muscles, as also for increasing total body strength
Here is Cristiano Ronaldo’s workout routine:
Within this routine, Ronaldo performs 5 exercises within a circuit routine and completes the circuit 3 times.
Here is Cristiano Ronaldo’s routine:
This circuit should be repeated 3 times.
1. Barbell Squat (8 reps)
2. Box Jump (20 inches, 10 reps)
3. Broad Jump (8 reps)
4. Jumping Lunge (8 reps, each leg)
5. Lateral Bound (12 inches, 10 reps)
Tuesday is used for rest. Rest is a day for the body to recover and get ready for the next gym session.
On Wednesday, Ronaldo performs an arm routine, focusing on 5 exercises. This is also a circuit routine, to be performed 3 times. The rep ranges vary from 10-30 reps.
Here’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s Wednesday routine:
The entire circuit is to be repeated thrice
1. Burpee Pull-up (10-15 reps)
2. Bench Dips (20 reps)
3. Pushups (20-30 reps)
4. Medicine Ball Toss (15 reps)
5. Push Press (10 reps)
On Thursday, Ronaldo hits a very simple cardio routine consisting of 2 exercises.
Here’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s Thursday routine:
1. Power Cleans (5 sets, 5 reps)
2. Sprinting (8 sets, 200 meters)
On Friday, he performs a leg workout routine by doing 6 different exercises, focusing on stability and core exercises for tight, sculpted abs.
Here’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s Friday routine:
1. One-Arm Side Deadlift (3 sets, 5 reps, each arm)
2. Dumbbell One-Legged Deadlift (2 sets, 10 reps, each leg)
3. Knee Tuck Jump (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
4. Overhead Slam (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
5. One-Leg Barbell Squat (2 sets, 5 reps)
6. Hanging Leg Raise (3 sets, 10-15 reps)
Saturday is a rest day for Cristiano Ronaldo.
On Thursday, Ronaldo hits another cardio routine consisting of 2 exercises. Each exercise is performed for 10 sets.
Here’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s Sunday routine:
1. Rope Jumping (10 sets, rest 1 minute)
2. Resistance Sprinting (10 sets, 50 meters)
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Diet
Ronaldo pays very close attention to the kind of food he eats. Here we share the principles of his diet:
- Meal frequency: The daily food intake is divided into 6 smaller meals separated by a period of 2-4 hours. This helps to control his body’s metabolism.
- A diet with a sufficient quantity of protein: His diet comprises plenty of lean meat as high protein intake is necessary for muscle repair.
- Supplements for recovery: Protein shakes, joint supplements, multi-vitamins.
- Enough vegetables: Since vegetables have lots of minerals and vitamins, they are needed for recovery.
- Sugary foods are avoided: Foods and drinks with high sugar content cause accumulation of fat and slow down metabolism.
Here is Cristiano Ronaldo’s diet:
- Whole-wheat or whole-grain cereal
- Egg whites
- Fruit juice
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Green vegetables
- Baked potato
- Chicken with salad
- Tuna roll
- Fruit juice/lemon juice
- Rice with pulses
- Chicken or turkey breasts
Supplements & Recommendations
Cristiano Ronaldo uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Alpha Amino
- Protein Shakes
Whilst we don’t know the exact brand of supplements Cristiano Ronaldo uses, we have some recommendations based on what he takes. These are the top picks from each category, featured on our ranked supplement lists:
Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best football players of all time. He is best known for his amazing skills. He has immense love for fitness, which combined with his crazy work ethic has produced his incredibly athletic physique.