What are the best muscle relaxers?
Do you experience tension and tightness in your muscles after a workout or a long day at work?
Regardless of what activity you do during the day, muscle relaxers can help with relieving tense muscles in your back, neck, arms, and legs.
Fortunately, supplements exist that can help naturally ease the stiffness in your muscles. They can reduce tension and muscle spasms and relax your muscles all in one.
Keep reading for the best muscle relaxers that are safe and effective to use.
The Best Muscle Relaxers
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best muscle relaxers:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Pure Encapsulations – Muscle Cramp/Tension Formula
Calling all athletes with muscle cramps! As far as muscle relaxants go, this is a great pick.
Pure Encapsulations offers a fantastic muscle relaxant that will ease tension in your muscles while promoting overall relaxation and de-stressing.
This electrolyte and herb formula relieves muscle cramping or muscle spasms, especially after a hard workout or at nighttime.
Their formula is pure, hypoallergenic, and free from common allergens. Don’t sleep on trying out this one!
- 60 capsules per bottle, 30 servings
- 250 mg of electrolytes per serving
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, hypoallergenic
- Eases mild tension and muscle pain while promoting overall relaxation
- Great for people who experience nighttime or exercise-related cramping
- Contains electrolytes magnesium, calcium, and potassium to maintain healthy muscle function
- Free from common allergens including wheat, egg, tree nuts, artificial flavoring, colors, and preservatives
- May cause an upset stomach in some users
9. Trace Minerals Research – Magnesium Gummies
Are gummies your preferred method of muscle relaxants? If so, don’t hesitate to try Trace Minerals Stress Relief Gummies.
This muscle relaxant is safe and effective for adults and kids, and it goes down smooth! It’s used to treat muscle spasms, muscle soreness, and stiffness.
Give your body the boost of magnesium it needs to handle stress, improve your focus, and promote overall gut health.
- Gluten-free, certified vegan, gelatin-free, non-GMO
- 120 gummies per container
- Encourages a positive mood and energy
- Supports optimal sleep and digestive regularity
- Helps support anxiety relief, mental focus, and gut health
- Can lessen and treat muscle spasms
- Some users claim this product tastes too sugary
8. WishGarden Herbs – Serious Relaxer
Is your body tense or tired by the end of the day? WishGarden has a serious solution.
Their liquid formula easily absorbs, quickly easing your body into a relaxed state. Muscle spasms and stiffness will simply melt away. Convenient for on-the-go use and when you need it in a pinch.
Highly trained herbalists developed this product with gluten-free and non-GMO ingredients to provide the best in muscle relaxants for consumers like you.
- 2-ounce pump, around 20 servings per bottle
- Gluten-free, non-GMO formula
- Contains wild lettuce aerials to help ease muscle tension and healthy inflammatory response
- Formulas produced in an FDA-registered facility
- Every batch is tested to FDA cGMP standards for quality, purity, and composition
- Quick-absorbing liquid formula
- Created by herbalists, botanists, and scientists with the goal of using herbs the way nature intended
- Fairly expensive price point
7. Doctors Nutra Nutraceuticals – Muscle Ezze Plus!
Designed to help support the central nervous system, muscle relaxation, and nighttime calmness, Doctors Nutra supplement is the whole package.
If you are looking for muscle relaxants that will provide calming relief after a chaotic day, look no further than Doctors Nutra. It’s used to treat muscle spasms, tension, stiffness, and more.
This herbal supplement is derived from natural ingredients and does not have the addictive effects that many prescription muscle relaxants do.
- Gluten-free formula
- 60 veggie capsules per container
- Can be used in the morning or at night
- Works to calm the body; supports muscle relaxation to promote good rest
- Includes magnesium, calcium, jujube, ashwagandha, and more naturally derived ingredients
- Proprietary blend of herbs designed to help reduce muscle spasms, cramps, and stress
- For sleep support, some users may have to take four capsules to feel its effects
6. Crystal Star – Muscle Relax
Crystal Star doesn’t want you to suffer through post-workout pain, and their easy solution is a gluten-free muscle relaxant.
Their formula is used to treat muscle spasms, inflammation, and muscle tension throughout the body.
A must-have muscle relaxer for those living active lifestyles and who leave it all at the gym, Crystal Star is a great option for athletes.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian
- 60 capsules per container
- Made with valerian root, Jamaica dogwood, and cramp bark
- Designed to reduce muscle spasms, sore muscles, and cramping
- Can relieve discomfort from menstrual cramps in women
- 100% herbal muscle relaxant
- Third-party tested and manufactured in a cGMP-certified facility
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Some users claim this product made them too drowsy
5. Oregon’s Wild Harvest – Muscle Relax
For an organic herbal supplement to treat sleep and relaxation, Oregon’s Wild Harvest easily earns its place as one of the best muscle relaxers.
Responsible for relief from neck pain, muscle spasms, and muscle pain, this muscle relaxant works well for adults who carry stress in their back, neck, and shoulders.
Compared to other muscle relaxants, Oregon’s Wild Harvest consistently helps its users achieve relief faster and more consistently, particularly when paired with physical therapy.
- Made with 100% natural herbs
- 90 capsules per container
- Proprietary blend of valerian root and the herbal compounds skullcap tops and hops
- Designed to help users feel less sore by releasing tension, calming muscle spasms, and reducing stiffness
- These ingredients aren’t widely studied, so adverse reactions or side effects may be more serious
4. Dee CEE Laboratories – Formula 303
Formula 303 is an all-natural herbal supplement used to treat muscle pain, reduce muscle spasms, provide relief from joint pain, muscle tension, and improve sleep.
While it is effective in treating muscle spasms caused by stress or pain, Dee CEE Labs incorporates the natural ingredients in muscle relaxants to create the opportunity to let the Earth heal our bodies through plants and herbs.
- 45 tablets per container
- Ingredients include valerian root, passion flower, and magnesium to relax muscles, relieve stress, and stabilize nerve cells
- Relieves tension and stress, improves muscle pain, and can be used to treat muscle spasms
- Over 4,000 5-star reviews
- Supports chronic pain and works to alleviate symptoms
- Many users claim this supplement has a foul taste
3. MGSport – Magnesium
Not only do the additional vitamins in MGSport absorb better than the average, but they work to reduce muscle spasms and restless leg syndrome.
Magnesium is the mineral that works miracles in our bodies — it is used to treat energy production, relaxation, mood positivity, sleep, and more.
The benefits of the vitamins in this formula will improve your quality of life and keep you moving forward.
- 60 capsules per container
- Each capsule contains 380 mg of elemental magnesium for optimal absorption and effectiveness
- Can reduce muscle spasms, improve muscle pain, and muscle weakness
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free
- Made without artificial colors and chemicals
- Enhanced with Vitamins E, B6, and D
- Clinically tested
Many users claim this product gave them digestive issues, like cramping and bloating
2. SaltWrap – Mag R&R
The natural-based muscle relaxer formulated with clinically supported minerals by SaltWrap is one of the best muscle relaxers you can get.
With an emphasis on relaxing the muscles during sleep, SaltWrap’s formula won’t cause drowsiness; instead, it invokes a feeling of calmness while relieving muscle tension.
Super-herbs like Ashwagandha and Rhodiola boost endurance and mental performance and support healthy stress levels. The amino acids treat tension, muscle spasms, and more.
- 90 capsules per container
- Each capsule contains 120 mg of Rhodiola and Ashwagandha root extract
- Helps prevent night leg cramps, muscle spasms, muscle soreness, and aches
- Contains magnesium glycinate to help support healthy muscle and nerve function and absorbs into the intestinal walls quickly
- Can improve back pain, affected muscles in the surrounding area, and treat a continuous muscle spasm
- Contains proven sleep combination of 5-HTP and GABA (100 mg each) for clinically-tested sleep improvements
- Made in the USA in a GMP-approved facility
- 100% money-back guarantee
This product contains a higher magnesium dose, so side effects may hit new users harder than other supplements
1. VitaMonk – Relaxeril
Relaxeril by VitaMonk is the top muscle relaxer on our list for so many reasons!
For one, its high potency per serving makes it a fan favorite, and for good reason. Relaxeril promotes healthy sleep, relaxation, stress management, and pain management.
If you’ve been thinking about trying physical therapy for any of your pain, think again — with Relaxeril, muscle pain will be gone in no time.
If you’re looking for a “quick fix” to treat muscle spasms and stress, Relaxeril is the closest thing you’ll get!
While quick fixes aren’t typically the answer to treating our bodies the right way, consistency is key with supplements like muscle relaxants.
- Naturally fights soreness, cramps, muscle spasms, restlessness, and anxiety
- Promotes full-body healing to target the root cause of pain, anxiety, and stress
- 30 servings per container
- 400 mg of magnesium per serving
- 100 mg of calcium per serving
- Contains Valerian root, passion flower extract, and chamomile extract
- 60-day money-back guarantee
One serving size is five capsules, which may be inconvenient to some users
FAQs About Muscle Relaxers
If muscle relaxers sound like they may be a worthwhile solution to your aches and pains, keep reading.
In this section, we’ll be discussing the benefits of using muscle relaxers to improve muscle spasticity, how they can improve conditions like chronic back pain, improving affected muscles in an injury, and much more.
Q: What do muscle relaxers do to your body?
Muscle relaxers work by helping the muscles in your body avoid contractions, thereby relieving tension and stiffness.
This reduces any pain and discomfort you may be feeling. Muscle relaxers are reliable for managing any pain you’re experiencing from physical work, exercise, or injury.
If you have muscle spasms or pain, relaxers can make activities to improve the underlying issue (like physical therapy) more effective.
Q: How do muscle relaxers make you feel?
The natural-based muscle relaxers on this list are very different from prescription muscle relaxers.
The side effects are much milder and typically just include slight drowsiness or wooziness. This is because natural muscle relaxers work on the central nervous system, not the muscle itself.
While drowsiness may not be an ideal side effect for some, others find that taking a natural muscle relaxer at night helps them sleep better, longer, and wake up feeling more rested.
Q: How long does it take for muscle relaxers to start working?
Depending on the dosage and strength of its ingredients, some muscle relaxers start working within 30 minutes of consumption.
The effects of muscle relaxers can last anywhere from four to six hours and help you sleep better and more comfortably for a longer period.
Many people who use natural muscle relaxers notice improved sleep after a few doses.
Q: Do muscle relaxers help muscles heal?
When using muscle relaxers for acute back and neck pain for up to three weeks at a time, some users did experience some recovery thanks to the muscle relaxer allowing them to comfortably rest their bodies.
If you are trying to rest but are still experiencing pain, your body isn’t truly resting. Muscle relaxers help relieve muscle pain to let the body recover in its natural state.
Q: Can you take muscle relaxers every day?
There are varying opinions about the safety and frequency of muscle relaxers.
You should always follow the label’s instructions and consult a doctor when taking any new supplement or medication.
Your medical history plays a role in the supplements and medications you take, so confer with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your medicine cabinet.
Most prescription muscle relaxers are safely taken for two to three weeks at a time and should be closely monitored by a doctor to prevent any bad habits from forming.
Natural muscle relaxers are generally safer to take for longer periods, but you should still consult your doctor about an appropriate regimen and plan with any supplement.
If muscle pain and poor sleep have become a part of your daily life, it’s time to switch things up and find a natural remedy solution for your pain and lack of rest.
The muscle relaxers on this list are natural, safe, and effective to take to improve your quality of life and sleep.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best muscle relaxers:
- VitaMonk – Relaxeril
- SaltWrap – Mag R&R
- MGSport – Magnesium
- Dee CEE Laboratories – Formula 303
- Oregon’s Wild Harvest – Muscle Relax
- Crystal Star – Muscle Relax
- Doctors Nutra Nutraceuticals – Muscle Ezze Plus!
- WishGarden Herbs – Serious Relaxer
- Trace Minerals Research – Magnesium Gummies
- Pure Encapsulations – Muscle Cramp/Tension Formula