What are the best apple cider vinegar supplements?
Apple cider vinegar is commonly used for cooking, whether it be a roasted chicken dish or a fresh, crunchy salad.
Although vinegar is used in many recipes, a lot of people don’t like the taste, even if it’s the apple cider variety. That’s why the best brand of apple cider vinegar is in high demand.
Considering the potential health benefits of apple cider vinegar, such as weight loss and lower blood sugar, many people want to add these supplements to their diet.
If you’re thinking about incorporating apple cider vinegar into your health and diet routine, here are the top 10 options to consider.
The Best Apple Cider Vinegars Compared
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best apple cider vinegar supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Sports Research – Apple Cider Vinegar Pills
Sports Research offers premium apple cider vinegar pills made from organic fermented apple cider and cayenne pepper.
These vegan supplements are non-GMO project certified and designed to aid in diet and detox cleanses.
There are 120 veggie capsules per container, with 500mg of organic apple cider vinegar in every pill.
The capsules are enhanced with 20mg of cayenne pepper that may boost metabolism and lower blood pressure.
The brand stands by its quality ingredients and zero fillers, with no animal ingredients, soybean oil, or magnesium stearate.
These gluten-free apple cider pills are made of starch, organic rice hulls, and organic rice bran extract.
Third-party quality testing ensures the potency and purity of every batch, so these taste-free, plant-based supplements are guaranteed safe and healthy.
- 500mg of organic apple cider vinegar.
- 20mg of cayenne pepper for extra benefits.
- Contains 120 veggie capsules.
- Flip-top cap container for easy access.
- Suitable for diet and detox cleanses.
- Capsules should be taken with food.
9. Wedderspoon – Apple Cider Vinegar With Manuka Honey
The soothing taste and texture of New Zealand Manuka honey enhance this apple cider vinegar.
The combination of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and raw honey makes for a unique flavor that’s slightly tart and slightly sweet.
Every 25 fl. oz. bottle offers 50 servings, with just 15 calories per tablespoon serving. It’s low in carbs, too, with 3g per serving, including 2g of added sugars.
This sodium and fat-free apple cider vinegar has multiple uses, such as daily tonics, natural elixirs, salad dressings, and zesty flavors for any recipe.
It’s naturally made without heat or chemicals, ensuring great flavor and quality.
Naturally fermented, cold-pressed NZ apples are supplemented with the mother, beneficial bacteria that naturally turns apple cider into vinegar.
- Delicious combination of NZ apple cider vinegar and Manuka honey.
- Antibacterial properties with all-natural ingredients.
- Safe production practices with no heat or chemicals.
- Suitable for daily tonics and salad dressings.
- Only 15 calories per serving.
- 50 servings per bottle.
- Not sugar-free with 2g per tablespoon.
- Thicker honey mixture may not suit all taste preferences.
8. Fairchild’s – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Fairchild’s by Golden Valley Vinegar is made from organic Washington state apples.
This organic apple cider is unpasteurized with the mother for a raw and unfiltered drink or cooking ingredient.
The 32 oz. bottle comes undiluted for 25% purer apple cider vinegar per bottle.
There are no concentrates, cores, or peels in this vinegar, and you can choose to dilute it depending on your taste preferences.
Fairchild’s says it uses glass bottles for its apple cider vinegar to improve sustainability with reduced packaging.
The brand also has over 40 years of experiencing making fresh fruit products. Every bottle is enough for 64 servings and processed, bottled, and distributed from the same facility in Idaho.
This apple cider vinegar is non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan, with just five calories per tablespoon serving.
- Fermented organic apples for increased purity.
- 64 servings per bottle.
- Non-GMO and gluten-free.
- Only five calories per serving.
- Reputable U.S. manufacturer.
- Sustainable glass packaging.
- May need to be diluted.
- Higher acidity level – should be used in small quantities.
7. Squeeze Dried – Apple Cider Vinegar
Squeeze Dried offers a unique apple cider vinegar supplement with individual powder packets.
30 single-serve sticks come in each box, with 500mg of apple cider vinegar powder per packet.
There are 10 calories, 2g of carbs, and 200mg of lactic acid bacteria to support the fermentation process.
Plus, you get 75mg of cayenne fruit powder, 50mg of cinnamon bark powder, and 30mg of ginger root powder per serving.
Squeeze Dried also gets its natural flavor from dried lemon flake, stevia leaf extract, malic acid, and malt vinegar powder.
All you need to do is pour one serve into 6-8 oz. of hot or cold water and enjoy the fruity flavor and health benefits.
The brand says this is a powdered superfood that boosts circulation, reduces inflammation, cuts down on bloating, and improves digestion.
- 500mg of apple cider vinegar powder.
- Convenient pocket packs for on the go.
- Contains cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger, and lemon.
- Powdered superfood to help with digestion and cholesterol.
- Naturally sweet flavor with stevia leaf extract.
- Better for beverages, not ideal for cooking.
- Individual packets may not suit everyone.
6. Lucy’s – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Lucy’s Organic apple cider vinegar is USDA certified and made with a trusted old-fashioned formula by a family manufacturer.
This pure vinegar beats out many others in the nutritional department with zero calories and carbs.
There are 252 servings of sodium-free and fat-free apple cider vinegar in every bottle for great value and a smooth, crisp, fruity flavor featuring Washington state apples.
Lucy’s Organic says its apple cider vinegar is made with the mother and purified water for 5% acidity.
It comes raw, unpasteurized, and unfiltered with no preservatives for delicious, all-natural apple cider vinegar.
The company uses perfectly golden apples to achieve a rich, thick taste, ideal for morning smoothies, vinaigrettes, and culinary recipes.
- 252 servings – great bulk budget buy.
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with no preservatives.
- No calories, carbs, sodium, or fats.
- Delicious golden apple taste.
- BPA-free bottles.
- Two-year shelf life once opened.
- May need to dilute it for certain drinks and recipes.
5. Vermont Village – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Vermont Village offers a daily health shot and mixer to protect the immune system and support overall health.
This is a great chance to try a few different flavors and see what you like best, with exciting flavor combinations like blueberries, cranberries, turmeric, and ginger.
All flavors are mixed with honey and apple cider vinegar for a rich, soothing taste that goes down smoothly.
Vermont Village says its raw and unfiltered apple cider beverages are easy to sip on and made with the mother.
Each bottle contains 8 shots per 8 fl. oz. of raw apple cider vinegar.
There are many health benefits to look forward to with delicious apple cider made from a fruity and revitalizing formula, including improved digestive health and protection against inflammation and sickness.
- Daily health shot and mixer.
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Healthy flavors with blueberry, cranberry, turmeric, and ginger.
- Sooting taste to help with inflammation and illness.
- Protects the immune system and digestive health.
- 25 calories and 6g of sugar per serving.
- Not as many servings – 8 shots per bottle.
4. The Twisted Shot – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
The Twisted Shot has you covered if you prefer a daily dose of organic apple cider vinegar.
The 2 fl. oz. bottles are convenient for travel and come in a 12 pack so you can stock up.
These delicious and nutritious wellness shots are full of flavor thanks to added ingredients like cinnamon, cayenne, ginger, honey, and turmeric.
In addition to an immunity boost, this vinegar drink is a digestive and detox aid that may improve metabolism.
There is 1.5 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in every bottle, which falls into the nutritional recommendation of 1-2 tbsp. per day.
The brand says its apple cider drink actually tastes good with a careful formula and just 25 calories per shot.
While these immunity shots taste the best cold, they don’t need to be refrigerated.
They aren’t overly watered down either, but you can dilute them with water to get the desired taste.
- 1.5 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar per wellness shot.
- Available in 12 packs.
- USDA certified organic.
- Helps with weight loss and digestive health.
- Contains anti-inflammatory superfoods.
- Tasty cinnamon, cayenne, honey, ginger, and turmeric.
- Should be refrigerated for best taste.
- Flavor may be too strong at first.
- 25 calories per shot.
3. Zeal Naturals – Apple Cider Vinegar
Zeal Naturals provides a higher dosage of 1,560mg per serving.
This includes 1,500mg of 100% natural apple cider vinegar powder and 60mg of cayenne pepper fruit powder.
This energizing combination boosts energy levels and supports healthy weight management.
There are 120 capsules in every bottle to energize, detox, and balance the body, targeting digestive health.
Zeal Naturals says its capsules are good for weight loss cleanses and may surpass appetite and reduce bloating at the same time.
For the best results, these capsules should be taken three times a day with food.
The natural apple cider vinegar will deliver beneficial bacteria to the gut to regulate the digestive system and ensure adequate immune support to help you stay healthy.
- High dosage – 1,560mg per serving.
- 100% natural apple cider powder and cayenne pepper.
- Boosts energy levels and helps with weight management.
- Used for detox and better digestive health.
- Non-GMO and lab-tested.
- Good for those who don’t like the taste of vinegar.
- Serving size is 3 capsules.
- Only 40 servings per bottle.
2. Goli Nutrition – Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
Goli Nutrition prides itself on offering the world’s first apple cider vinegar gummies. Made with the mother, these unfiltered dietary supplements are non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan.
These tasty chew gummies offer fast absorption with a delicious taste thanks to the patented formula of pure apple cider vinegar, beetroot, pomegranate, pectin, and vitamin B9 and B12.
The brand says its gummies are good for heart health, immune health, and nervous system function, plus cellular energy production and healthy metabolism.
Two gummies give you the same acetic acid content as a shot of apple cider vinegar and 100% of the daily recommendations for vitamin B.
Each gummy has 500mg of apple cider vinegar, 200mcg folic acid, and just 15 calories.
- 500mg of apple cider vinegar per gummy.
- 200mcg of folic acid per serving.
- Unfiltered and non-GMO.
- Allergen-free and made in GMP facility.
- Good gummy alternative if the liquid taste is too much.
- Recommended daily dose of vitamin B.
- Not certified organic.
- Apple cider taste isn’t as strong as liquid form.
- 15 calories and 4g of carbs per serving.
1. Bragg – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
As the best apple cider vinegar overall, Bragg delivers a naturally gluten-free, unfiltered vinegar.
It’s made with the mother and is USDA-certified organic with all-natural ingredients.
This is a simple, smooth vinegar with raw apple cider vinegar and purified water, diluted to 5% acidity.
Fresh organic apples and careful cleansing give this vinegar its good taste and big health benefits.
Bragg says a daily dose of its apple cider vinegar supports healthy immune function, weight, and glucose levels.
It also offers powerful probiotics that stimulate healthy bacteria growth in the gut for better digestive health.
A daily 2 oz. shot is a popular way to incorporate this apple cider vinegar into your diet; otherwise, you can use it as a salad dressing or morning elixir.
- USDA certified organic apple cider vinegar.
- Stimulates healthy bacteria with strong prebiotics.
- Made with the mother for natural cleansing and protein.
- Helps with weight management and immune function.
- Good for marinades and dressings.
- Glass bottle isn’t easy for on the go.
FAQs About Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about apple cider vinegar:
Q: What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is produced from the fermented apple juice of crushed apples.
It’s used in marinades, vinaigrettes, salad dressings, chutneys, and food preservatives.
Apple cider vinegar may be combined with honey, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and other foods for a healthy and delicious blend.
It has become a popular dietary supplement with possible benefits such as weight loss and reduced cholesterol.
Many people use apple cider vinegar as a remedy for everyday ailments too.
Q: What Are the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Like other vinegar varieties, apple cider vinegar can help kill harmful bacteria and other pathogens.
That’s why it’s used as a natural food preservative.
Vinegar has long been used for cleaning and disinfecting, but today apple cider is recognized for its weight management and appetite control, as well as anti-inflammatory properties for the immune system and digestive tract.
That’s not all, as apple cider vinegar may lower blood sugar and cholesterol.
It can also boost energy levels and help fight fatigue throughout the day, including during workouts.
Many apple cider vinegars are combined with natural flavors for an even bigger health boost.
Q: Can I Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Every Day?
You can drink apple cider vinegar every day, up to two tablespoons daily as an adult. If you experience side effects or feel sick after drinking it, you should give your body a break.
You may also want to consult your doctor about their recommendations for achieving similar health benefits potentially provided by apple cider vinegar, such as weight loss or lower blood sugar.
Q: How Much Apple Cider Vinegar Should You Drink a Day?
1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar is the standard recommendation.
If you drink much more than this, you may run the risk of upsetting your stomach and throwing off your digestive system.
Check with your doctor if you want their professional advice on vinegar consumption.
Q: What Are the Side Effects of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Every Day?
Drinking excessive amounts of apple cider vinegar on a daily basis may lead to side effects like nausea and delayed digestion.
You may also experience the sensation of burning in your throat, and over time the enamel on your teeth can wear down.
If you notice anything off after drinking apple cider vinegar, give your body a break and revaluate your vinegar intake.
Q: How Often Should You Drink Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar contains around 5-6% acetic acid, which supports its health benefits but also gives it that signature vinegar taste.
To be safe, you should only drink apple cider vinegar twice a day at most.
If you feel sick after drinking it or are experiencing any side effects, you should probably take a few days off of drinking apple cider vinegar.
Always consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
Q: Is It Better to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar in the Morning or at Night?
It’s best to drink apple cider vinegar in the morning so you can enjoy the full health benefits throughout the day.
Apple cider vinegar may boost energy levels and reduce blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
By drinking it to start the day, you can unlock these powerful health benefits sooner and stay more energized and balanced throughout daily activities.
That being said, there’s nothing wrong with drinking it at night, either. Some people say a drink of apple cider vinegar half an hour before bed helps with acid reflux and indigestion.
Q: Is There a Difference in Quality of Apple Cider Vinegar?
The quality of apple cider vinegar depends on the brand and its manufacturing processes.
Unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar is more natural and healthier. It can also be combined with other natural flavors to enhance taste and health benefits.
Also, remember to check the acidity levels and remember you can dilute the vinegar with water if it tastes too strong.
Q: Is Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother Better Than Without?
Apple cider vinegar with the other is better than without.
That’s because the mother provides proteins, enzymes, and healthy bacteria to maximize the health benefits.
Most of the top apple cider vinegar brands use the mother throughout the manufacturing process, but you can always check the label to be sure.
Q: Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Me Lose Belly Fat?
Studies show that apple cider vinegar may help reduce belly fat and body weight.
Adding one or two tablespoons to your diet may trigger weight loss and body fat reduction.
It also helps to decrease blood triglycerides. When combined with a healthy diet and exercise, it’s possible to shed belly fat with apple cider vinegar.
Q: Who Should Not Take Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is safe for most adults to take, although you may want to consult with your doctor first if you are on diabetes medication.
That’s because vinegar may cause blood sugar levels to drop even more when combined with these medications.
Pregnant women should always be careful about drinking unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
They should consult with their doctor about the right dietary supplements to take during pregnancy to achieve similar outcomes as expected with apple cider vinegar.
Q: Which Apple Cider Vinegar Supplement to Choose?
Choosing an apple cider vinegar supplement depends a lot on your taste preferences.
Some people don’t mind drinking this vinegar directly, while others prefer a capsule or gummy over the liquid form.
You can take your pick, keeping in mind the different natural flavors and acidity levels throughout these supplement varieties.
Also, look for apple cider vinegar supplements that contain vitamin B or other essential nutrients to give your immune system the biggest boost.
Apple cider vinegar supplements are a popular choice for weight control and blood sugar management, although more research is being done to investigate the full extent of its health benefits.
For most people, apple cider vinegar supplements are easier to take than consuming liquid vinegar.
If you want to take supplements that may help control your appetite, blood sugar, and cholesterol, then using one of the best apple cider vinegar supplements is a good idea.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best apple cider vinegar supplements:
- Bragg – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Overall)
- Goli Nutrition – Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies)
- Zeal Naturals – Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules)
- The Twisted Shot – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Shots)
- Vermont Village – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Beverage)
- Lucy’s – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Budget Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Squeeze Dried – Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Powder)
- Fairchild’s – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Best Organic Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Wedderspoon – Apple Cider Vinegar With Manuka Honey (Best Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey)
- Sports Research – Apple Cider Vinegar Pills (Best Apple Cider Vinegar Pills)