What are the best cluster dextrin supplements?
Highly branched cluster dextrin (HBCD) is a carbohydrate naturally made in your body.
These designer glucose polymers are formed when enzyme treatments break down amylopectin starch components into clusters, which then marks larger enzyme branch chains.
Cluster dextrin increases molecular weight and reduces osmolality, which measures dissolved particles in the blood.
This helps the body rapidly digest carbohydrates for a sustained energy release.
Many people like to incorporate cluster dextrin before and after workouts to support muscle recovery and carb loading.
We’ve put together a list of the best cluster dextrin supplements that can use to help transform your workouts and smash your fitness goals.
The Best Cluster Dextrin Compared
Our supplement lists are created by researching the best-reviewed products from the most reputable companies and web sources.
Here’s our list of the 10 best cluster dextrin supplements:
In A Rush? Here’s Our Top Pick:
10. Cutler Nutrition – Repair
Cutler Nutrition has the best cluster dextrin for fast absorption and muscle recovery with a smart blend of carbs and essential amino acids.
As a post-workout repair and recovery drink, this supplement combines fast-absorbing carbs like cluster dextrin and waxy maize for advanced muscle benefits.
Every serving gives you 15g of carbs, 5g of branched-chain amino acids, and 2 g of essential amino acids for fast-absorbing nutrient power.
Cutler Nutrition says its cluster dextrin limits muscle catabolism and encourages muscle protein synthesis for the best results.
The refreshing peach mango flavor is easy to drink, and one scoop mixed with 8-12 oz. of cold water is a great way to boost muscle performance during a workout.
- Combines cluster dextrin and essential amino acids.
- 15g of carbs, 5g of BCAA, and 2g of EAA per scoop.
- Fast-absorbing with low molecular weight.
- Designed for post-workout repair and recovery.
- Stimulates lean muscle mass.
- Tasty peach mango flavor.
- Lower total carbs than some brands.
9. Metabolic Nutrition – Glycoload
Metabolic Nutrition Glycoload is a 100% micronized cyclic cluster dextrin carb powder for muscle loading before, during, and after a workout.
One scoop has 15g of carbs and 300mg of calcium, magnesium, and potassium, plus high levels of vitamin B3, B6, and B12.
This gluten-free supplement has zero sugar and no stomach bloating for a fast-acting, flavorful cluster dextrin mix.
Many people use Metabolic Nutrition Glycoload for rapid pre and post-workout carb-loading to enhance energy intensity, replenish muscle glycogen, and speed up recovery.
There are 30 servings of delicious blue raspberry cluster dextrin powder per container.
- Great for carb-loading pre and post-workout.
- Fast-acting glycogen replenishment.
- 15g of carbs and ample vitamin B3, B6, and B12.
- 300mg of calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Zero crash, no sugar, and gluten-free.
- Tasty blue raspberry flavor.
- On the lower end of carbs for cluster dextrin supplements.
8. Bare Performance Nutrition – G.1.M Sport
Bare Performance Nutrition supports sports endurance with its G.1.M Sport cluster dextrin supplements.
Designed to fuel, hydrate, and perform, this powder has 20g of carbs and 80 calories per serving, which is lower than many other brands.
Bare Performance says this is a superior carb source with an effective electrolyte formula that comes in a fruit punch or lemon-lime flavor.
There’s no sugar, fat, or cholesterol in this mix, which improves training time, fuels performance, and reduces fatigue.
It’s ultra-hydrating and fast emptying with minimal effects on the stomach, so you can focus on your fitness goals and have the power to push yourself during every workout.
- 20g of carbs and 80 calories per serving.
- Sustained energy fuel with fast gastric emptying.
- Improves training time with less fatigue.
- Every batch is tested for safety and quality.
- Tasty fruit punch or lemon live flavor.
- Made in U.S. GMP facility.
- 350mg of sodium per serving.
7. Skratch Labs – Superfuel Drink Mix
Skratch Labs Superfuel is a delicious drink mix in lemon & lime or raspberry flavor, made with real fruit for a natural electrolyte booster.
This hydrating mix and liquid carbohydrate fuel have 100g of complex carbs per serving, and you can use more or less mix depending on how many calories you need.
Skratch Labs says its Superfuel was developed for athletes and provides long-lasting energy release without the heaviness of a meal.
The brand uses real food to create its nutritious drink mix, free of wax, preservatives, coloring agents, and mystery flavors.
For the best results, add 7 scoops to 8 oz. of water and shake vigorously before adding more water. You can let it sit for 15 minutes before drinking for a super tasty carb shake.
- 100g of complex carbs per 400-calorie serving.
- Sustained energy release without heaviness.
- Lemon, lime, and raspberry flavors.
- Made with real fruit ingredients.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan.
- Kosher and dairy-free.
- 400 calories per serving – much higher than other supplements.
- 8g of added sugars.
- Only 8 servings per container.
6. Redcon1 – Cluster Bomb
Redcon1 Cluster Bomb is the best-unflavored cluster dextrin offering natural intra-workout carbohydrates for better performance and more muscle strength.
You get 25g of cluster dextrin per scoop with 100 calories and 30 servings per container for muscle fullness and pumps.
This brand’s carb supplements are known for rapid gastric emptying and anti-catabolic properties to maximize endurance and minimize delayed onset muscle soreness.
Cluster Bomb is often used by bodybuilders and marathon runners, as it supports frequent training without overworking muscles.
Not only is this highly concentrated carbohydrate easily absorbed by the stomach, but it’s also ideal to drink during training to keep up energy levels.
- 25g of cluster dextrin for muscle support.
- Increases muscle strength and endurance.
- Prevents delayed onset muscle soreness.
- Helps with rapid gastric emptying.
- They were designed to drink during workouts.
- Ideal for bodybuilders and runners.
- Contains sucralose.
- Lack of flavor isn’t for everyone.
5. NutraBio – Super Carb
For pure, highly branched cyclic dextrin to support muscle recovery, you can’t go wrong with NutraBio Super Carb.
This complex carbohydrate supplement powder is high in electrolytes to enhance performance and muscle recovery, with 30 scoop servings per bottle.
There’s 25g of cluster dextrin in every scoop, with 100 calories, 81mg of phosphorus, 28mg of magnesium, and 80mg of potassium.
As a rapid glycogen pre-load system, this powder delivers sustained energy without upsetting the digestive system or spiking blood sugar.
It comes unflavored, or you can amp up the taste with flavors like kiwi strawberry, raspberry lemonade, orange mango, and pineapple.
- 25g of highly branched cyclic dextrin.
- Rapid glycogen pre-load system for sustained energy.
- Gentle on the stomach without blood sugar spikes.
- No fillers or additives.
- 30 servings per container.
- Zero sugar and non-GMO.
- Contains 50mg of sodium.
- Made with artificial flavors.
4. Granite Supplements – Recovery
Granite Supplements Recovery is an evidence-based intra-workout blend offering 15g of cluster dextrin and 7g of amino acids per serving.
There’s also 125mg of Sensoril, which helps to minimize muscle fatigue.
This gluten and soy-free dietary supplement is available in satisfying flavors like blue crush, fruit blast, rainbow candy, and watermelon.
Whichever taste you choose, you can expect 20 scoop servings in every bag, designed to increase muscle growth and support fast muscle recovery.
This is a convenient powder supplement that mixes easily with water, juice, or shakes for a delicious workout boost.
It preserves and replenishes muscles with a unique mixture of electrolytes, essential amino acids, carbohydrates, and natural extracts to help you with strength training and bodybuilding.
- 15g of cluster dextrin and 7g of amino acids.
- 125mg of Sensoril to reduce muscle fatigue.
- Helps to refuel and rebuild muscles.
- Combines electrolytes and essential amino acids.
- Blue crush, rainbow candy, fruit blast, and watermelon flavors.
- Gluten-free and soy-free.
- Contains L-tyrosine, which could interact with thyroid medications.
- Only 20 servings per 24 oz. bag.
3. Axe & Sledge – Demo Day
Axe & Sledge Demo Day is a performance-based carbohydrate formula that gives athletes sustained, natural energy for longer and harder training.
This cluster dextrin supplement contains glycerol powder and cinnamon bark to deliver carbs to your muscles throughout strength training for a good pump.
Demo Day is good before, during, or after workouts for muscle strength and recovery, and there are watermelon, cherry, and unflavored options.
You get 30 servings per container with 25g of total carbs and 90 calories per scoop. This includes pea starch as Carb10 and antioxidants from alpha-lipoic acid.
Axe & Sledge recommends mixing one scoop with 12 oz. of water in a shaker cup and drinking 30 minutes before a workout.
You can also sip on one serving throughout exercise or have a serving post-exercise to boost muscle power.
- 25g of total carbs and 90 calories per serving.
- Contains antioxidants with alpha-lipoic acid.
- Good for pre, intra, or post-workout.
- Increases blood flow and muscular pumps.
- Supports muscle recovery and growth.
- Comes unflavored or in watermelon or cherry flavors.
- Contains 2g of sugar.
2. Transparent Labs – Carb Powder with Cluster Dextrin
Transparent Labs Strength Series has carb powder with cluster dextrin for clean, sustained-release performance fuel.
You get 25g of cluster dextrin per serving with just 100 calories and 30 servings per bottle.
There’s blue raspberry, tropical punch, or unflavored options, and it’s best to mix 1-3 level scoops with 12-20oz of water or juice for a pre or post-workout boost.
Transparent Labs has no artificial colors, sweeteners, or preservatives, so you can get a gluten-free, non-GMO powder supplement to transform workouts.
Instead of high glucose levels that upset your stomach, this cluster dextrin carb powder rapidly absorbs to avoid insulin spikes and minimize digestion problems.
The unflavored version has a neutral, mildly sweet taste and can be mixed into any liquid for enhanced athletic performance, recovery, and lean muscle mass development.
- Sustained-release cluster dextrin carb powder.
- 25g of cluster dextrin per scoop.
- Doesn’t upset stomach or spike insulin.
- Enhances athletic performance and recovery.
- Comes in raspberry, tropical punch, and unflavored.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Slightly higher calorie content per scoop with 100 cal.
1. Jacked Factory – Carb Surge
Jacked Factory Carb Surge is the best cluster dextrin supplement overall, offering premium carbohydrate fuel with 10g of cluster dextrin, 15g of pea starch as Carb10, and 22g of total carbs.
Choose from unflavored, peach mango or blue raspberry with 30 servings per container. One scoop has 90 calories, helping you maintain energy levels without going overboard on calories.
It’s scientifically formulated and manufactured in a U.S. GMP facility to fuel workouts and enhance athletic performance.
There’s no sugar, so you can enjoy clean, complex carb sources that promote lean muscle growth.
The advanced carb powder replenishes muscle glycogen, increases protein synthesis, and promotes ATP production.
The best part is Carb Surge is gentle on the stomach and can be mixed with water or juice for the ideal combination of slow and fast-acting carbs to help your muscles perform and recover.
- Clean workout fuel with 10g of cluster dextrin.
- Contains 15g of pea starch Carb10 for 22g of total carbs.
- Enhances athletic performance and builds muscles.
- Easily digestible with minimal insulin secretion.
- Rapid absorption formula with unflavored and flavored options.
- Good for before, during, or after workouts.
- Contains artificial flavor for peach mango and blue raspberry.
- Contains sucralose.
FAQs About Cluster Dextrin Supplements
Before buying cluster dextrin carbohydrate supplements, you may want to check our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about highly branched cyclic dextrin.
Q: What Is Cluster Dextrin Made Of?
Cluster dextrin supplements are made of designer glucose polymer carbs, which are larger chains to increase molecular weight.
This means the carbs are digested quickly while giving off sustained energy with a slow release.
Cluster dextrin carbs are natural and can limit stress hormone response to protect energy levels and boost carbs for successful workouts.
Q: What Does Cluster Dextrin Do?
In addition to improving athletic performance, cluster dextrin help with muscle recovery to prevent soreness and injury, making it a good option for daily training.
Cluster dextrin can also lower the stress hormone cortisol, so it helps refuel and rebuild muscles naturally without insulin or stress spikes.
Q: Is Cluster Dextrin the Same as Dextrose?
Cluster dextrin and dextrose are both carbohydrates used in sports nutrition, but cluster dextrin has a high molecular weight and dextrose has a low molecular weight.
This means cluster dextrin is rapidly absorbed to give you an ongoing energy supply without uncomfortable fullness, unlike dextrose which provides calories and nutrients but takes longer to absorb.
Dietary supplement companies make cluster dextrin and dextrose powder, so they are two popular and readily available sports supplements, even though cluster dextrin absorbs faster.
Q: When Should I Take Cluster Dextrin?
Cluster dextrin fits perfectly into a fitness routine as the best time to take it is just before or after a workout.
Most people drink a cluster dextrin shake 15-30 minutes before or after strength training or sports.
There are also intra-workout blends that you can drink throughout a workout to keep up muscle strength and ensure safe recovery for minimal soreness.
Q: Is Cluster Dextrin a Simple Carb?
Cluster dextrin is a highly branched and complex carb compared to notable simple carbs found in fruits and milk.
Complex carbs like cluster dextrin are more nutritious and filling than simple carbs and they help avoid blood sugar spikes and weight gain.
Q: Is Cluster Dextrin Safe?
Cluster dextrin is safe to take before, during, or after bodybuilding workouts, strength training, and athletic activities.
So long as you take cluster dextrin as recommended on the product label, you shouldn’t have any problems.
Cluster dextrin is a natural carbohydrate and most supplements contain natural ingredients rather than additives and fillers, so you can feel good taking it.
As with any dietary supplement, if you take more than recommended there may be some side effects, so just make sure you use the correct serving size.
Q: Which Cluster Dextrin Supplement to Choose?
Many brands make cluster dextrin carbohydrate supplements, but the best ones use pure, all-natural ingredients with no additives or fillers.
Therefore, you should always check the label to see the full list of ingredients, and also keep your eyes peeled for non-GMO, vegetarian, and vegan cluster dextrin supplements.
Most cluster dextrin supplements have 15-25g per serving and come in unflavored and flavored options, so you can keep it simple or enjoy a fruity taste, depending on your personal preferences.
Cluster dextrin carbohydrate supplements help the body digest carbs quickly for an effective energy release before, during, and after exercise.
Many people take cluster dextrin powder supplements to support strength training and muscle gains.
There are many high-quality, clean formula cluster dextrin supplements out there from well-known brands committed to quality ingredients for natural energy and strength.
If you want to improve muscle recovery and carb-loading to boost your fitness efforts, then cluster dextrin is an excellent choice.
Here’s a quick recap of the 10 best cluster dextrin supplements:
- Jacked Factory – Carb Surge
- Transparent Labs – Carb Powder with Cluster Dextrin
- Axe & Sledge – Demo Day
- Granite Supplements – Recovery
- NutraBio – Super Carb
- Redcon1 – Cluster Bomb
- Skratch Labs – Superfuel Drink Mix
- Bare Performance Nutrition – G.1.M Sport
- Metabolic Nutrition – Glycoload
- Cutler Nutrition – Repair